Friday, June 16, 2006

Salam Bitches . . I met Dave Chappal

Going to the mosque from work is never easy. I have to take BART at 1:20 and try to be back by 2:30. But today, even though I missed the train, the sermon was by the hoarse whisperer I don't like, I was rewarded by seeing a conversion at the San Francisco Civic center mosque.

So Yeah, it is kind of Awesome. It is powerful, this middle aged guy in a trim goatee repeating after the preacher, there is no God but God and Muhammed is his prophet. Cool, eh, but then I met Dave Chappal.
Yup, I am blessed biaaaatch! He was right there in person, wearing an army fatigue jacket, black T and loose Khakis. Salam Brother. A couple of people recognized him, he shook hands, said Salams. I told him that he has to do a skit as 'Ask A Muslim Dude' and thanked him, as an inspiration as he walked out past the homeless people on the street and the legless hookers in front of Market Street Theater and onto market street. He stopped at the corner as a pretty hijaban took of her Hijab and shook his hand, I left him as other brothers approached him, he shook all of their dirty hands.

..... um um bitches praise be to Allah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page